[PSUBS-MAILIST] dome and sub parts

Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Dec 30 15:23:46 EST 2015

Hi Alan,

Depending on the calculation method and temperature is the operational depth
for the 20 mm (apex) thickness about 220 meter.

For the 26 mm about 300 meter.

The crush depth is according to Stachiw's tables about 4 times the
operational depth.

Has somebody on the list a calculation method for the crush depth?

Emile

  _____

Van: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org]
Namens Alan via Personal_Submersibles
Verzonden: woensdag 30 december 2015 21:09
Aan: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Onderwerp: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] dome and sub parts

Wow that's a good price Emile.

What is the crush depth of those 20mm thick domes?

On 31/12/2015, at 8:49 am, Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

Hi,

For those who are preparing a sub project: I have a few acrylic domes for
sale from stock.

See this webpage for details.
http://www.nordicsub.nl/acrylic%20mermispheres.html Psub members 10 %
discount ;-)

The Dome with 20 mm thickness has a OD. of 600 mm. For logistics an
liability reason I can't ship to the US  (directly)

Anyone interested is 2 or 4 steel hemispheres of about 1500 mm diameter?

Next Saturday I will visit a company who is selling 4 hemi's that were
intended for a 700 meter submersible.

On the visit I will measure accurate and ask for a price. Half the price of
new would be fine.

Best regards, Emile van Essen