[PSUBS-MAILIST] Bulkhead Connector

Mon Feb 2 11:06:31 EST 2015

Hi All,
Could someone please do me a favour?

I have the BH4F low power bulkhead connector fitted to my boat.  Its
running the transducer for the underwater comms.

The other day I was moving the boat with trolley jacks and I think I may
have hit the bulkhead connector as I jacked it up.

The connector is fitted together with the male part and the 2 red retaining
caps are screwed together.  If I take the clips apart, and wiggle the two
connectors, they feel "rubbery".  Trouble is im not sure if it was like
this before or if its been damaged.

The radio still works ok and separating the connector shows no sign of
damage, but im not 100% sure I still haven't damaged something inside the
connector.  I've just got the feeling something is broken inside and its
now just touching together to make the connection.

Can someone with this type of connector on their boat, unscrew the red
retaining caps and let me know if the assembly feels a bit rubbery, or if
its solid?

Thanks in advance!
James

​