[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-250 Hatch Dome Removal Question

Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Feb 11 15:54:17 EST 2015

All, I am removing my old K-250 hatch dome.  It looks like it has been
installed with a product like Sikaflex (I'd guess).

I would like to not destroy it if possible (or the hatch).  It really
doesn't want to come out.

I am thinking about heating the hatch's metal ring where the dome is seated
to maybe break down the sealant or soften the acrylic.  I have a concern
about the heat warping or otherwise affecting the metal of the hatch.

Any input?

Steve