[PSUBS-MAILIST] Drawing of my 2-man sub

Anders Ljung via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 19 05:48:01 EST 2015

Hello

I built and operated the submarine Malen and used it in the baltic sea.
This boat was 10 tons and 10.5 meters long and had some 1+ meter freeboard.
Still there where times when i got alot of the baltic sea in my head when
driving surfaced. High freeboard is esential if operating in open sea.
I would also recomend some kind of combustion engine onboard if operating
in the sea , to battle waves and current some 2-3 kw per ton is nice to have
A small marine diesel is a fantastic resource to have onboard plus its more
fun and ads to the design challenge. If operating in the sea the boat will
run the best
with main ballast tanks mounted fore and aft according to my experiance.
However these are my personal opinions and they might be completly wrong :)

Anders Ljung