[PSUBS-MAILIST] many questions from a rookie

Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Feb 24 08:40:34 EST 2015

FEA is one of the few things I leave to sombody else. The accurate programs
are expensive and need a supercomputer..

Emile

  _____

Van: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org]
Namens Alan James via Personal_Submersibles
Verzonden: dinsdag 24 februari 2015 0:49
Aan: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Onderwerp: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] many questions from a rookie

Hi Havard,

a couple of years ago I looked at ZW cad & it was economical but didn't have
an FEA option.

It might have changed since.

You could export the file to another program (can't remember it's name) but
this program was

very expensive.

I bought Rhino 5 & two plug ins, "Orca" (marine design) & scan & solve,
which is a basic FEA

program. I am doubtful of the accuracy of scan & solve as I questioned one
of their experts

& he was very evasive on how accurate the program was. It is generally
thought best to leave

FEA up to the experts.

Emile touched on your question about pressure build up. Oxygen is fed in at
the same rate as

you consume it & is breathed out in identical volume as CO2. The CO2 is
removed in the CO2

scrubber.

Alan

  _____