[PSUBS-MAILIST] Steinke Hood

"Carsten Standfuß" via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jan 3 07:50:00 EST 2015

Proper update:
Bring it to a scuba suit repair shop. Let them glue a new skirt in from
3 mm neopren - but complete close. Make a new small opening for your
head yourself. Make it first to small and than make the opening round by
round bigger until its fit easy but tight. The scuba shop will you give
no guarantee because of the age of the unit - but it dosent matter you
need only the new neopren. Tell them it is just a trainning
explain unit if they have warranty issues.

Use:
You put the unit empty over your head, Zipper of the face mask open. You
wait until the last seconds before you leave the boat - close zipper.
You get out of the boat but you NOT fill the unit to much full with air.

During your way to the surface the air inside expand from alone because
of the lower water pressure.
Way to the surface will be fast. You breath the expand  air from the
inside to the outside.

On the surface you have the vale to breath from the outside if the
weather is to heavy.
If the weather is nice you can open the face mask and use it as plain
life vest..

If there is a water red or green or yellow paint maker cylinder in the
unit - remove it.
They are old and tend to leak.

vbr Carsten

"Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
schrieb:
Still some hair !       So the idea of those hoods is to either blow
them up with your lungs BEFORE you put the hood on or to charge them
with air through the valve.  And then breath normally on the way up, or
continue to exhale on the way up rather.  I can see that they could be
helpful on the surface in rough seas to help you from gulping some water
when you first pop up.

Brian