[PSUBS-MAILIST] Vertical Thruster

Lasse Schmidt via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jan 12 04:29:00 EST 2015

Hey guys,

When talking about motors, I have som thoughts about making a smaller modification to my sub.
I´m thinking of putting a vertical thruster, hidden behind the tower of Malen.  Malen does´t have a vertical thruster and it would make  manoeuvring a lot easier. I hope it can be done without messing up the look of the sub, which is important.

My idea is to suck water just behind the hatch, and let the water leave downwards and exhaust from the both sides of the tower. The actual jet can not go straight down due to the design of the tower, is that a superproblem? Another important question is, what thruster is good for the job? I have been thinking of maybe using one or two minnkotas. Any thoughts and ideas are much appreciated.
Take a look at the attached sketch, I hope it´s understandable.

Cheers,
Lasse Schmidt
Crashdive.se<http://Crashdive.se>

[cid:BC93872B-9D8B-410E-8EBF-5E921153FBC9 at lan]