[PSUBS-MAILIST] Manipulator Hydrolic question

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jan 12 18:46:28 EST 2015

Scott,
The pump runs the whole time the arm is in use.  When you want to grab the gold filled chest, turn on the pump and use the arm then turn it off when your done.  I would keep it simple, besides the arm functions are continuous. It probably takes less power to keep the pump running rather than start and stop constantly.  You could use multiple small pumps that activate with each function, might be simpler in the end.  No valve bank and less complicated.