[PSUBS-MAILIST] Snorkel

"Carsten Standfuß" via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jan 13 06:40:00 EST 2015

Pete I strongly recommend the overpressure vale
but if you like also a aditional ball vale in the hatch.

This additional ballvale can be use with a inside hose and a mousepiece
as breathing air device at rough sea or in overwash condition (problems
with the dive tanks and just hard tanks works - to breath from the
outside. On Peppers I have such a ballvales.

In Sgt.Pepeprs case it can be use for:

- Breathin air in combination with the internal hose and Mousepiece
- flood valve in combination with the internal hose and Moundpiece
- bilgewater exit with the hose from the bilgepump system
- socket for the screw-in video periskop stick
- Exit for a additional cable troughhull for temporaly equipment like
video,
  sonar, light etc.

On the picture the seperate overpressure valve cover is
just visible in the middle axis of the hatch behind the latch.
The multifuncitional ballvale is the exit with the water spring - bilge
test running.

vbr Carsten