[PSUBS-MAILIST] Snorkel

Sean T Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jan 14 18:57:33 EST 2015

Is it always possible to manually actuate the valve if you have a negative differential pressure?  I always presumed that a ball or needle valve would be necessary to equalize pressure on either side of a hatch before opening, because such a valve accommodates pressure differences in either direction.  With the overpressure valve, in such a situation you need to overcome this difference in addition to the spring preload. That, or I guess you could just bleed some air or oxygen into the cabin.

Sean