[PSUBS-MAILIST] Snorkel

Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jan 15 12:56:04 EST 2015

Always good to have vulnerable parts protected.

I have my OPV  and penplates on top of the hull under the deck. Having those
above the surfaced WL is another advantage.

At the OPV of my sub is a hand knob to equalize pressure from the outside (
In case there is a vacuum inside due to a temperature drop)

Any Scuba divers around should not know about this knob as the can make your
dive a wet one.

Emile

  _____

Van: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org]
Namens James Frankland via Personal_Submersibles
Verzonden: donderdag 15 januari 2015 17:02
Aan: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Onderwerp: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Snorkel

Hi Alec,

What size are the holes?

Something else that worries me slightly with these sort of valves is that
its just possible for the mushroom top to get knocked off, particularly
where I have mine.  Unlikely I know, but would be nice to have a protection
bar of some sort, or even better, a stop valve on the inside.

Anyway, a modification for another day that one.
James

On 15 January 2015 at 15:19, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles