[PSUBS-MAILIST] FW: Escape with Steinke Hoods.

Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jan 16 18:19:27 EST 2015

Carsten, of course you are right about flying but the clouds do not have
hooks to stop the plane from coming down.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments.

Keith Gordon just told me the following.

A book"Sealab" it relates the story of James Bond who developed sat diving.
In 1959 he and another guy did a free ascent from a USN sub in 320ft wearing
only mask and a Mae West, they pressurised the escape trunk, breathed hp
air, no sign of narcs and opened hatch. Inflated vests, as soon as they hit
the ocean they started exhaling, they rose at around 6ft/sec, they broke
surface 50 secs after leaving sub.

Regards,  Hugh  :<)