[PSUBS-MAILIST] Manipulator arm

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jan 19 07:29:28 EST 2015

Scott,
I have played around with buoyant arm ideas and experimented a bit.  The first problem is lack of space for the foam.  You get very little benefit. The next option is to make hollow members and cap them.  You get more bang for your buck that way.  The last option that would help is buoyant members, like plastic.  Anyways, you likely don't even need to worry about it with your K350 because the arms are front mounted and you can just rearrange your weight.