[PSUBS-MAILIST] no more leaks

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 1 04:38:44 EDT 2015

Sean,
The gasket is EPDM rubber, I can not recall the hardness, but I think it is in the 80 range.
Hank --------------------------------------------
On Tue, 6/30/15, Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] no more leaks
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 What material and durometer / hardness of seat
 gasket are you using?
 Sean

 On June 30, 2015 4:53:00 PM
 MDT, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles
 <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
 Finally!
 Today is the first time Gamma did not leak a
 drop of oil from the drive, my new seal and new compensating
 hose did the trick.  The light bar on the other hand has
 some water.  This time the light bar was just sealed full of
 oil.  I think I am not getting all the air out, I will try a
 piece of clear garden hose next.
 I had a
 little scare today, the dome must have squeezed the gasket
 and let some tension off the retaining straps.  This made a
 scary sound.  I am doing another dive tomorrow, then I am
 off to do a proper deep test.  I am pushing my luck maybe. I
 am only diving 100 feet and like Vance says, a shoe box can
 be sealed to 100 feet :-)

 Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----