[PSUBS-MAILIST] no more leaks

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 1 04:44:57 EDT 2015

James,
What side is greased, the dome to gasket or the gasket to aluminum ring or both.
Hank--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 7/1/15, James Frankland via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] no more leaks
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 Hank,
 As you know
 I tested my Dome to 200 feet.  The gasket is well greased
 and after the 200 feet test, there was quite a lot of grease
 squeezed out, so I am assuming it slid a little on the
 gasket.  It didn't
 leak. RegardsJames
 On 1 July 2015 at 09:33,
 hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 wrote:

 Hi Alec,

 Funny you say that, it is 2;30 am an I can t sleep because I
 think my dome needs grease under it.

 The sound was like built up tension releasing, very
 frightening! :-0   I thought the EPDM gasket would have
 enough give (slip) maybe not. There is a very big
 temperature change at the bottom.  Guess what I am doing
 today.

 Hank --------------------------------------------

 On Tue, 6/30/15, Private via Personal_Submersibles
 <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 wrote:

  To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion"
 <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

  Hank, do you have some

  grease under that dome? I recall Phil saying the
 scariest

  thing he's ever experienced was the screech of an

  un-greased dome contracting.

  Best,

  Alec

  wrote:

  > Finally!

  > Today is the first time Gamma did not

  leak a drop of oil from the drive, my new seal and new

  compensating hose did the trick.  The light bar on the

  other hand has some water.  This time the light bar
 was

  just sealed full of oil.  I think I am not getting all
 the

  air out, I will try a piece of clear garden hose
 next.

  > I had a little scare today, the dome must

  have squeezed the gasket and let some tension off the

  retaining straps.  This made a scary sound.  I am
 doing

  another dive tomorrow, then I am off to do a proper
 deep

  test.  I am pushing my luck maybe. I am only diving
 100

  feet and like Vance says, a shoe box can be sealed to
 100

  feet :-)

  Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org

 Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org