[PSUBS-MAILIST] saftey gear

Wed Jul 1 04:50:11 EDT 2015

Hi Hank,

I have a Buddy Pacific ablj which is an older type diving jacket (we used
to call them the "toilet seat").  Emile and Carsten did a load of testing
of escape and decided this was the best compromise.  The jacket is a life
jacket and also had a small air tank, plus regulator so you can breath and
fill the jacket.  There is a manual dump valve for releasing air.

I have done emergency ascents using a similar type of jacket while doing
diving training and although the dump valve is manual, I have found that as
the air in the jacket expands as you ascent rapidly, the air releases from
the dump valve anyway, forcing its way past.  Its not ideal but the jacket
stays intact.

Its one of these.

http://www.thediveforum.com/showthread.php?2660-Dive-Shed-Clearout-(and-no-I-m-not-doing-fundies-yet-)

On 1 July 2015 at 00:29, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <