[PSUBS-MAILIST] calculation

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jul 6 22:48:14 EDT 2015

Unfortunately I don't know the hardness, but it would be super high because
the material is polycarbonate sheet. In my case the ring does not serve as
a gasket. The dome is sealed by an O ring. The square edge of the acrylic
is chamfered to take the O ring, and the flat plastic ring is just a spacer
to get the O ring to touch both the chamfered acrylic and the window seat
to form the initial seal. I had to experiment with a few thicknesses until
I found one that made everything fit together just right. It was something
like 1/16".

Best,

Alec

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:58 PM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <