[PSUBS-MAILIST] calculation

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 8 07:39:41 EDT 2015

The bad news is that viewports don't make loud noises if they are properly annealed, correctly fit, and adequately lubricated. In fact, they don't make ANY noise. The only exception that I can think of is 1601. The dome viewport in that boat had a sweet spot on its orientation. If assembled with the marks aligned, it was silent. If installed differently, it would be noisy. Weird. I will say though that I have never used a viewport that landed on anything but steel (except for the JSLs). Maybe the plastic or rubber landing materials you are using is creating some noise?
Vance