[PSUBS-MAILIST] escape pod

Phil Nuytten via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jul 18 14:20:33 EDT 2015

Hank
A few of the Russian nukes were fitted with escape pods - most well-known
was the 'Comsomolets' nuke sunk off Denmark, the crew got off the burning
sub but the Captain and the 1st mate rode it down and then successfully
escaped the sunken sub, but the pod failed on reaching the surface and both
were lost.
Phil