[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Lights

Clifford Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 23 10:18:05 EDT 2015

Jon, thanks for setting up the forum.  I am assuming we can post files as
well.

 I agree low cost is important but having a functioning light is as well.
OTS LED utility lights like that one you noted are not an option unless
they can be potted.  To me the best way to keep the cost low, is to publish
construction drawings of a 1-atm  DIY housing that a psubber could machine
or have machined by a friend, and publish a design of a PCB that could be
easily fabricated using  one of the PCB online sites like  ExperessPCB
www.expresspcb.com and DIY populate the board.  As a group, we design and
build a prototype that I can test in my shop. If it works as designed, then
we post to the psubs site a report, that includes the design drawings,
circuit diagram, parts list and test results.

Getting a consciences on the design spec is the first step.

Cliff

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <