[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Lights

Thu Jul 23 15:47:24 EDT 2015

Backscatter is less a function of light intensity, and more one of incident angle. In addition to the wider beam dispersion,  vehicle fog lights work because they are typically mounted lower than the headlights, and thus reflected light off the water droplets doesn't come straight back at the driver. A similar effect could be achieved on your submarine by mounting lights on outboard extension arms.

Standard encapsulating epoxies are very good insulators. Coupling hot equipment to a heat sink with potting compound specifically requires one designed with thermal conductivity in mind.

Sean