[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Lights

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 26 16:28:56 EDT 2015

For anyone that has a large LED or halogens on their boat, can you share
your experience on narrow beam vs flood lights.   Building a LED housing to
be low profile to fit in a FRP recess is going to be difficult with a
reflector to get a narrow beam.  As an example, a typical reflector size
for a Vero 29 is 110mm (4.33") diameter and 67mm (2.64") deep.  This is
massive and you still need housing and heat sink fins.

I am wonder if we really need a focused light or is a flood light adequate?

Cliff