[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Lights

Antoine Delafargue via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jul 27 17:15:55 EDT 2015

Hello all;
what about removing all electronics from each lamp, keeping a simple cavity
with just the led array; connector; and lens?
The back face from where the led array would be glued would sit in water
for efficient heat dissipation.

Then the electronics would be enclosed in a separate 1atm casing; with less
of heat management constraints,
from that extra box; you can have as many outlets as lights on your boat
(say 3 to 4 typically), and one inlet only from the hull (safer) with
sufficient number of pins to control lighting modes; dimming and what not
in a preprogrammed switching sequence.

this option simplifies lights designs, makes electronics a bit more
complicated but merges it in one pcb but increases number of connectors;
but if you go for blue globes between central electronics box to the light
pods it is not an issue.
However; I know nothing in electronics; so I don t know what sort of cable
length we could have between electronics and led without loosing nice
control of led voltage?

regards
Antoine

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 9:53 PM, Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <