[PSUBS-MAILIST] compass

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jul 31 06:18:18 EDT 2015

Tim,I am all ears about the aircraft compass,  any suggestions?   I don't get why it is not working, I can rotate the compass body and the ball inside stays fixed on the direction.  When I travel on the bottom at 270 degrees, I deviate and correct and I expect to loosely track but maintain my direction.  When I surface I am facing the opposite direction.  Hmmm I wonder if the sub is rotating during the assent,  that would make sense.  I will have to watch the compass while I am surfacing, maybe the sub develops a spin.Hank