[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive report: Snoopy at Seneca

Dan Hryhorcoff via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 6 21:58:30 EDT 2015

Yep, Al has the boat and he has experience too.  Experience in the deep
water testing operation, and experience in hauling up hand over hand from
more feet then he or I would like to do again.

Seneca Lake in New York state is a great place to dive.  Deep and clear with
a great ramp on the southern end.  It's only a few miles off the ramp to get
to five hundred feet of depth.

Great report Alec,  Seneca lake is so deep that the water doesn't seem to
mix up much.  What's at the bottom and cold, stays down there.  Probably the
biggest drawback to that lake is that it's quite cold year around.
If you have plans to get up there again let me know.  Maybe I'll head up
that way.

Dan H.

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Secor via Personal_Submersibles
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 11:28 PM
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive report: Snoopy at Seneca

Tim,

It's basically a 20' 150 hp outboard...good for towing the sub out to the
dive site.  I have 2 other larger boats but they aren't as easily towed on
the highway.
I provided support for Persistence, Dan H's K-350 sub when we did the deep
test for that.

Al Secor

On Fri, 6/5/15, T Novak via Personal_Submersibles