[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive report: Snoopy at Seneca

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jun 8 14:54:01 EDT 2015

It sounds like at some point water pressure at the seal was able to
compress the bubble of air in the tube, the opposite of what was expected.

I'm kind of stumped by the description of the motors performance being
"feeble" however.  This couldn't have been primarily due to pressure I
don't think.  Also, isn't an easy fix just to "clamp" the tube any place
where liquid appears assuming the tube is held in a vertical position
and the bubble is at the top (ie vise grip the tube).

Jon