[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive report: Snoopy at Seneca

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jun 8 17:07:54 EDT 2015

Alec,what sort of air volume is there between the two seals?Perhaps when over a certain external pressure the water is getting past the first seal in to the cavitybetween the seals (which is not compensated) then at a similar internal pressure oil getspast the second seal & mixes with the water. The air between the seals would be compressed &expand on ascent forcing the oil & water mixture out.Alan