[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive report: Snoopy at Seneca

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jun 9 18:46:19 EDT 2015

Alec,I had a look at the specs on that link. Thanks.The 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD X 1/8" tube is rated for 40psi internal pressure.As this is for fuel there could be a safety margin of 4x, so 160 psi burst pressure.I ran a couple of plastics I have in my pressure program through internal and thenexternal pressure, & the maximum external pressure was 2/3rds the internal in both cases.This could mean that it would take 106 psi before the hose would equalize significantly.The diameter would maybe shrink a bit before collapsing.Cheers Alan