[PSUBS-MAILIST] Idea..?

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 17 16:40:56 EDT 2015

Hi Brian,

I tend to use quite thick through-hulls because its easier for me to
machine the O-ring grooves into the shaft than into the insert. In my case
its just a matter of the tooling I have on hand. If you have the tooling to
put the grooves in the insert, half an inch is fine for many applications.

Best,

Alec

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <