[PSUBS-MAILIST] Over Pressure Valve

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 19 07:50:01 EDT 2015

Keith,

At 33 feet you would have to have double the atmospheric  pressure inside
the sub to have an over pressure situation (actually it would be  equal at
that point).  Hopefully you would already be headed to the  surface, and your
OP valve would begin venting as you ascended and the water  pressure
decreased.

To have an OP situation at that depth you would have to have a  leak from
your ballast air system or your oxygen system.  If the exterior  exit of the
OP valve has a U bend to point downward, you should still have  little if
any water intrusion.

Jim

In a message dated 6/19/2015 2:08:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,