[PSUBS-MAILIST] next project

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 20 12:27:03 EDT 2015

My next project is not a submarine, I have enough!  I need a good solid support boat, my paddle wheeler is to big to handle alone.  I have a nice 25 foot cedar fantail launch with an antique engine.  I will remove the antique engine and install a Bukh marine diesel ( 10 hp )that I bought last weekend.  The boat is an open steam launch style right now.  I will build a nice period correct cabin and wheel house to match the 1920's erra.  The boat will be an over nighter  so I can get to the good hard to reach dive sites.  My main dive site will be the sunken City Of Ainsworth stern wheeler in 400 feet of water.  Seems appropriate to have a vintage boat with vintage sub on a historic wreck.  I will start this project in a week or so when my summer holiday starts and hope to be operational by September.
Wish me luck