[PSUBS-MAILIST] next project

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 20 16:58:15 EDT 2015

The engine is a 1935 15 hp Vivian marine two cyl with open brass rockers weighs 1,200 lbs it is my favorite in my collection.
On Sat, 6/20/15, via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] next project
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 Hank,

 What kind of engine is comming out of the launch? I love old
 marine engines, steam, gas, oil, and the like.

 Keith T

 hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 wrote:

 >Yes the location is known exactly, a good friend dove it
 about 15 yrs ago or so. The ship is in mint
 condition.--------------------------------------------
 wrote:

 > Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] next project
 > To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 >
 > Do you
 > know the exact location of it and have you viewed it
 with an
 > ROV yet?
 > Rick
 > On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at
 > 6:27 AM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 > wrote:
 > My next
 > project is not a submarine, I have enough!  I need a
 good
 > solid support boat, my paddle wheeler is to big to
 handle
 > alone.  I have a nice 25 foot cedar fantail launch
 with an
 > antique engine.  I will remove the antique engine and
 > install a Bukh marine diesel ( 10 hp )that I bought
 last
 > weekend.  The boat is an open steam launch style
 right
 > now.  I will build a nice period correct cabin and
 wheel
 > house to match the 1920's erra.  The boat will be an
 > over nighter  so I can get to the good hard to reach
 dive
 > sites.  My main dive site will be the sunken City Of
 > Ainsworth stern wheeler in 400 feet of water.  Seems
 > appropriate to have a vintage boat with vintage sub on
 > historic wreck.  I will start this project in a week
 or so
 > when my summer holiday starts and hope to be
 operational by