[PSUBS-MAILIST] Alec's new sub

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jun 28 13:32:49 EDT 2015

Hi Pete,

Wow, I'll try to answer those!

Not sure about Woodstock. How about Naughtylus?
The service panels are 1/8" ABS. The bow one will be fiberglass, it has to
be stronger.
Deck grating is fiberglass molded grating such as is used for catwalks in
factories or on oil rigs.
The white floats are #714 from http://trawlworks.com/floats.html. Good to
800m!
Those are four MBTs.
I can change HP tanks in the water. The deck doors behind the coning tower
lead to the tanks.
Drop weight is variable - just add or remove dumbbell disks as desired.
The stainless thruster mount is rectangular tube. Drawing pasted below.
This probably requires some explanation...
The old coning tower is still here in a corner, but its useless unless you
know how to dislocate your shoulder at will. It has an ergonomic problem, I
can fit through the opening but I can't put my elbow in front of my body to
open or close the hatch, and I'm relatively skinny. I think its only use
would be to cut out the viewport seats for recycling them in someone else's
tower.

Best,

Alec

[image: Inline image 1]