[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gamma ring machining

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 6 18:18:52 EST 2015

Steve,
I am half way done building my flange facing machine,  I should be mostly done tomorrow.  My rig already weighs about 700 lbs.  I think it is important that it is heavy and mine is built heavier than the ones on YouTube.  If it fails I can do as you mention.  I actually did exactly what you say on Gamma's window frames. I used paint and glass with fine wet sand paper. I would guess the SS ring was much harder than the 516-70 I have.