[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Russian Sever 2 submarine

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Mar 15 19:50:09 EDT 2015

In case anyone is interested, the Sever sub is sitting in Alabama in a ship yard.  The sub came to the USA in the 90,s and has been sitting since.  The Sever is rated for over 6,000 feet and is about 36 feet long.  I tried to buy it but the owner did not get back to me.  I am sure it can be bought, they did not say NO.  My first plan was to haul it home but it is just to much trouble to move that far.  My next idea was to cut the front head off and the rear head with CT and shit that home and weld back together.  You could have a very deep diving sub in the 10 ton range.  I am happy to pass on any info if anyone wants it.  I would do it but it is just to money for me to spend.
Hank