[PSUBS-MAILIST] exotic steel

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 1 11:49:47 EDT 2015

Scott,

I use the excel spreadsheet calculator that Cliff Redus created a few
years ago.  You can download it from the web site.
PSUBS.ORG -> Resources & Reference -> Design Tools -> Calculators & Data
Sheets -> Stiffened Cylinder Calculator

Make sure you "Enable" macros.  There are multiple tabs at the bottom of
the sheet, one of them is for spheres and elliptical heads.  It takes a
little time to learn how to use it, but once you've "got it" in your
head the spreadsheet is really easy to use.  I've gone through it line
by line and Cliff did a fantastic job converting the ABS specs into a
useable tool.

Jon