[PSUBS-MAILIST] exotic steel

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 1 11:56:00 EDT 2015

Yes, I used .8 as the usage factor for a516-70.  Until you know what the
minimum thickness of a formed head is the numbers have to be considered
approximate anyway.  For example, .75 inch HY-100 will clearly get Scott
where he wants to go, but I don't know if that would require 1 inch
plate or 1.25 inch plate to ensure a minimum thickness of .75 inch after
forming.

I like your program Sean.  Looks like there's a bug in it
though...everything displayed in metric.  :)  Where do I make a
"feature" request for english unit output?

Jon