[PSUBS-MAILIST] Zinc coating

swaters@waters-ks.com via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 1 23:31:55 EDT 2015

The main unit I use will go through a 5 gallon bucket of coal slag in about 2-3 minutes. It blasts as fast as you can move. The orface is about 1/2" and never clogs, so it is easy to reuse media.
-Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
Date:05/01/2015  7:38 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Zinc coating

Brian,
What size compressor did you buy?  Sand blasting is a dirty job, but I love it, I find it relaxing.  Get yourself a good hood that has an air feed.  I did not know that silica sand is dangerous, that is all I use but I wear heavy coveralls and gloves.  My system is 80 cfm at 80 psi and that seems plenty.  I never reuse my sand because it looses bite and like Alec says, it will plug your tip, but not until you have crawled inside a tight space and got comfortable :-)