[PSUBS-MAILIST] Scrubber Mask

Sun May 3 17:53:47 EDT 2015

Hi All.

I was talking with Antoine\Emile the other day about manual scrubbing.

I have made a mask which uses a standard 3M dust filter and directs exhaled
air into the scrubber.

This particular mask has valves so you would breath in through the filters
and out through the centre vent.  Filters are not needed.

I have added an silicone 02 breathing hose I got of ebay and bolted\glued
it through onto the mask.  The hose swivels around so its really
convenient.  I attached the hose to the normal scrubber outlet with a
suitable piece of pipe which I machined a taper on to push into the outlet
hose.

It was really simple and works well.  I haven't tested it yet with the
scrubber absorbent in but the mask itself seems good.

I really dislike putting pictures of myself up, but I have to put this very
unflattering one on here to demonstrate the device!  For some reason, t​he
light makes it look like I have 2 black eyes, which I don't.

Kind Regards
James

​