[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fiberglass

Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 4 18:05:55 EDT 2015

Just put in my penny's worth. I had professional advice as I don't know
squat about resins.
I understand there are 3 choices of fibreglass resin.  Poly-ester, Epoxy and
Vinyl ester.
I was advised to use vinyl ester as it has less absorption of water when in
a pressurised (deep submerged) situation.
My concern was that the absorption would alter the buoyancy of the
fibreglass if there is any reasonable amount used.
Cheers, Hugh