[PSUBS-MAILIST] Distortion when cutting in shell

André Eriksen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat May 9 09:55:19 EDT 2015

Thanks for the input guys.
Mine is a cylinder.

Problem is the rings are placed similar like the k-boats. If I place them
at the excact place I would cut into them. And I can`t finish the weld on
the tower-insert with the rings in place.
So maybe I can tack them in a little bit offset, cut the hole, tack in the
tower-insert, remove the rings, finish welding the tower insert, then weld
in the rings.
Does this sound like a good procedure?

Thanks,
André