[PSUBS-MAILIST] Casper

Graham Bayliss via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 14 05:22:10 EDT 2015

Hi Alec

Yes i am the one with the flat plate ends to my battery pods they are half inch thick and should not buckle at the depths i intend to use her. I have come up with an idea for adding weight if it is required i will have trays fitted to the top of my battery pods here i can add  and weight which i will strap down when required. Weights will be made up of concrete  which will not corrode.

Regards

Graham

Master Casper 2

From: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles
Sent: 12 May 2015 13:46
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Casper

Congrats Graham!!! Wow, she's an armor-plated version of the K350 and looks solid as can be without sacrificing good looks. Usually K350's require about 400 lbs of ballast, so I suspect Casper 2 might be better trimmed than most. I see very nice build quality and a lot of personalized touches. My only concern would be the use of flat plate instead of endcaps for battery pods and hatch, but I seem to recall Graham saying she was intended for very shallow service. Or maybe the comment was from someone else who did the same, I can't recall as it was some years ago. But very well done!

Well, we have a sub on the Isle of Man and another on Guernsey now. I'm green with envy, wish I had ocean all around instead of concrete with terrible traffic.

Cliff, here's the project page: http://www.psubs.org/projects/1260127846/casper2/

Best,

Alec