[PSUBS-MAILIST] MK101 oil compensation tap

Wed May 20 12:17:31 EDT 2015

Hi Jon,

I drilled into the cap.  Not right at the end, but a little further along
the "top".

At first I did it at the sides like Alec has his, with a tube connecting
the two.  However, the way I did it, I had problems.  I used 90 degree
elbows tapped in between the magnets like Cliff has just said.  However,
they poke through, just a tiny bit.  This meant that it was really really
difficult to get the last dregs of air out.  It was always trapped behind
this inside lip.  Maybe if you had the elbow threads on the inside
completely flush, you wouldn't have this problem.  I cant comment on that
as mine stick through a bit.

So, after getting fed up with them, I drilled vent holes in the caps which
are sealed with a bolt and rubber gasket.  So, I can tip the motors and get
all the air out.

So, ive sort of got the "round the side" pipe like Alec has, along with
this vent hole to get the last bit of air out.  It works much better.

I would think that you could probably just have a pipe on the rear part,
but then if you have an elbow attached, you may get the same problem  as I
had to start with.

I don't have any pictures of it, but I can take some tomorrow for you if
you like.
Kind Regards
James

On 20 May 2015 at 16:52, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <