[PSUBS-MAILIST] MK101 oil compensation tap

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 20 22:18:23 EDT 2015

Jon what I did was accept the fact that the wires would twist.  What I did not want was the threads in the adapter to cut the wire insulation.  So what I did was get some oversized 1/2" heat shrink insulation and shrink it around the penetrator wires.  This ended up making a nice thick wear band.  The pigtails on the Subconn penetrators were about an inch longer than needed even after twisting.  Was able to connected these to the brushes by reusing the spade connectors that come with the motor.  I soldered just in case.  All this assembled just fine.  I used marine grade threadlok to seal between the adapter and housing.  I have all the thrusters now assembled on back on the boat.  Just finished repainting the interior and exterior.  After I get back from an overseas consulting job, I will start putting all the equipment back in the boat.
Cliff