[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lip seal

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 21 09:10:34 EDT 2015

Alan, I agree with the second part of the statement and not the first.  What you describe in the first part would be correct if you had oil compensation and a stiff bladder.  For a soft bladder, the pressures both internal and external are balance regardless of depth and thermal expansion of the oil and as such, the seal does not lift off shaft and the water and oil don't mix.
Cliff