[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sgt Peppers new HD video

"Carsten Standfuß" via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 25 04:22:00 EDT 2015

The side rudder servo has now  yellow and black safety stripes..
And they filled with foam..   :-)

"Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> schrieb:
This reminds me of my early seafaring days, working for the Canadian Coast Guard. I was working on deck one day when a general alarm sounded. I started running (!) to my station, when I passed a fellow deckhand operating an abrasive saw. With his ear protectors on and the saw running, he couldn't hear the alarm, so looked back to shout at him, but failed to stop running. I ran full speed into the boom of a deck crane that happened to be just at forehead height, knocking me flat on the deck.  Now, we had been at sea for several weeks at that point, working on rotating shifts, so I wasn't really aware of the date or day of the week, which happened to be the first questions asked of me by the hospital doctor later that day! ... Anyway, I was diagnosed with a mild concussion and sent back to the ship with orders to be put on light duty for a few days.  The "light duty" they gave me? Paint yellow and black safety stripes on everything near head height.
Sean