[PSUBS-MAILIST] Acrylic tube sub

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 27 14:30:16 EDT 2015

James,
we discussed the acrylic tube sub several years ago.
You can buy large diameter acrylic tube for aquariums, out of China.
The pieces I saw were reasonably priced, but not cast.
You would have to have reinforcement rings along the cylinder.
If you bought a small section at a slightly narrower diameter than your
main hull section, you may be able to slice it up & use it as reinforcement
rings. It would end up a shallow diving sub & in a submersible the size
of Sgt Peppers you would only be able to look forward anyway.
Maybe Carsten could approach the submarine museum in Cherbourg
as it would be the type of item they would like.