[PSUBS-MAILIST] Alan's thrusters

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Nov 2 09:04:03 EST 2015

Glen,
yes it is the Hobby King motor. but all is not straight forward. the easiest way
to adapt a boat prop when in a housing is to machine a new central motor shaft.
It is difficult finding a suitable electronic speed controller. only the boat & some car
esc's have reverse & everything is radio control. There are various functions
needed to be programmed in to the motor controller & some adaptations need to be
made to run it off a joy stick. I may have to get an esc taylor made once I know the
motor is perfect for the job & I have the stats on it. I have a helicopter / plane
transmitter & apparently There are different transmitters for land based units.
I am intending to oil compensate but with an air compensation method.
I will be using either a relieving type pressure regulator set low, or a modified
second stage regulator. so the air will be pressurising the oil to ambient. If the oil
runs out I will still have air. I will experiment with oil & air.
Any videos of your helicopter action?