[PSUBS-MAILIST] buoyancy

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Nov 11 09:22:33 EST 2015

Good creative idea, I hadn't thought of pressurizing a tank to increase its
depth rating. But the downside is more complexity, and I would still
dislike not knowing what the external pressure rating of the tank would be.
The complexity probably has very, very low risks, but they do exist. Like a
risk of the tank inadvertently leaking its air before a dive, or the risk
of the tank rupturing on the surface for whatever reason (e.g. careless
impacts, trailer accident, too hot in the sun, etc...) My new boat is a
pursuit of simplicity, so if it were me I would go with floats just because
they have no moving parts and known ratings.

Best,

Alec

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 8:33 AM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <