[PSUBS-MAILIST] buoyancy

Wed Nov 11 11:54:02 EST 2015

Fiber composites are not isotropic and do not lend themselves well to analysis for externally pressurized applications in the absence of destructive testing for verification. I presume you mean to employ these as hard / variable buoyancy tanks? With the active pressure compensation, you need to consider the consequences of a failure in the compensation system. An imploded buoyancy tank could have severe consequences. If looking for permanent buoyancy, syntactic foam is highly unlikely to fail unexpectedly.

Sean